Δευτέρα 14 Ιανουαρίου 2013

Making Huawei E220 work on Android



As I want my car computer to have 3g internet and sms capabilities and since I had one of those 3g modems laying around I thought about using it to my project.
Luckily for me Android supports it out of the box. It just needs some preperation first to make it work smooth.




First of all we need to disable the pin check of the sim card. Do this on your phone then put the card in the modem.

Then we need to connect the modem on a windows box, install the drivers and update to the latest firmware. (It shouldn't be too hard, all files needed are on huawei webpage.)

Here's the part that matters. After that we use hyper terminal to send some commands to the modem. We have to disable the emulated cdrom device of the modem.

atz
at^u2diag=0

So basically by the second command we disabled the emulated cdrom of the modem.

Now we are ready to use it under android x86. Of course we have to setup apn to our carrier specific settings and we are ready to go.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου